SMT- Inspector (Day Shift)
Vanguard EMS is the electronics manufacturing services (EMS) supplier of choice for leading-edge companies in the medical, aerospace, defense, industrial and communication segments in the Western U.S.
We are in a service business. Even with Vanguard's state of the art technology, vast manufacturing capability, and leading-edge information tools, we wake up every day thinking about how best to serve our customers, suppliers, and the communities in which we live.
Vanguard EMS values employees creating an amazing culture, be part of the team that makes a difference! Employees enjoy a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Up to 120 hours earned paid time off in the first year of employment
- Increased paid time off with years of service milestones
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Company Events
- and more
The Manufacturing Associate collaborates directly with Team Coordinator and department supervisor to ensure surface mount and through hold solder meets or exceeds IPC standards. This position is key to company quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to inspect boards produced from hand or machine assembly processes.
- Ensure that products meet all customer and regulatory requirements.
- Perform WIP transactions in Vanguard’s software system to assure proper traceability.
- Communicate quality issues to the appropriate team, Manager and Engineer as needed.
- Stop work flow as needed to stop the repeated manufacture of defective products.
- Motivate team and create a positive team working environment.
- Maintain a clean and highly organized area.
- Ensure benches, tools and equipment are maintained and in good working condition
- Drive continuous improvement by looking for opportunities for improvement and working projects, small and large, to successful completion resulting in improved performance and profits.
- Knowledge of common Manufacturing processes and/or equipment operation.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Treat everyone at Vanguard, its vendors and customers with dignity, respect and professionalism at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- Ability to obtain J-STD and IPC certification within 90 days.
- One year experience with SMT Operation or SMT Inspection
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Basic level of proficiency in computer systems
English (reading, writing, and verbal)
General Math Skills and ability
- Displays a high-level critical thinking and analysis.
- Ability to actively follow detailed directions written and verbal.
- Demonstrated highly motivated strong leadership and teambuilding skills with self-motivation, problem solving abilities, team spirit and a “hands on” mentality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to use a microscope for extended time.
- Effectively manipulate extremely small and/or fragile components and tools.
- Ability to use visual aids, complicated drawings to verify quality products.
- Communicate in person, over the phone, email, internet or in writing in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make productive use of time
- Associates Degree in Electronic or Mechanical engineering
- J-STD and IPC Certification
- Experience of SMT, through-hole, wave and/or selective solder processes and/or equipment operations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses production equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
MANUFACTURNING WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Job Description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities associated with this position. Management reserves the right to modify and assign other duties as necessary. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
• Short & long term disability
• 3 weeks of PTO per year
• Paid holidays
• Profit sharing